A collaborative program that offers after school academic support.
After school academic support offered in a comfortable, well supervised group setting that will:
· Expand learning opportunities for all students in grades 3rd through 6th (Atwater and Lake Bluff Schools) and 4th through 8th (Lumen Christi).
· Provide homework support using a child centered approach to learning and development.
· Establish a positive, consistent, and safe environment to encourage and support student achievement beyond the school day.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM:
· Align with district initiatives for student academic achievement and social emotional development through collaborative planning.
· Foster a common culture between the school day and after school that promotes positive attitudes towards academic excellence.
· Provide teaching teams that will be made up of qualified, enthusiastic, and well trained adult staff.
· Reinforce life skills such as organization, time management, and strategy skills.
· Support student learning outcomes.
WHEN IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED:
Three to four times per week (depending on the school); Sessions are one and a half hours long.
Learning Lounge is offered in Atwater, Lake Bluff and Lumen Christi Schools.
$9.00 per 1.5 hour session
Current Milestones before and after school participants receive 50% discount.
Scholarship/Financial Assistance available.
Session availability is limited and scheduled on a first come first served basis.
FAMILIES WHO ALREADY HAVE A FAMILY PORTAL ACCOUNT
A MODERN TWIST ON ACADEMIC SUPPORT